Hi there! I’m Nikki, the founder of Nikki Hill Apothecary and I’m a fully qualified Naturopath, Clinical Nutritionist and Medical Herbalist. I love to work with women who are struggling with their hormones and periods and are looking for a natural solution to help ease their symptoms and improve their overall health.
‘Nikki Hill Apothecary’ was born after years of seeing clients with similar hormonal issues and I wanted to develop a range of gorgeous and therapeutic products women could use each day to relieve their symptoms, but more importantly nourish their body to help prevent long-term hormonal imbalance.
There is no
Most women I see in my clinic are in their 30’s or 40’s, are extremely stressed, working long hours, juggling a hundred million things, constantly putting pressure on themselves to be better and achieve more, and have a never ending to-do list. Throw social media, mobile phones and emails into the mix – it’s hard for them to switch off. Sound familiar?!
Unfortunately, our bodies cannot cope with all this stress. We may cope with it for a while, but on-going continual stress (through years of yo-yo dieting, work and family pressures, unresolved conflicts, unbalanced blood sugar levels, poor sleep, and lifestyle habits) causes havoc with our hormones.
If you’re getting cold hands and feet, energy slumps, sugar cravings or restless sleep – these are early signs your body is under stress and it’s time to slow down, relax and reassess your lifestyle. This may mean for some of you that exercising less (or doing more gentle exercises like yoga, pilates or tai chi), going to bed earlier, meditating or eating better, may just be what your body needs to get your health back on track. My products have been formulated to nourish your body during these stressful times, ease your symptoms and balance your hormones while you make the necessary changes. I understand that sometimes it is not easy to know where to start, or have the motivation and tools to make these changes, and so I offer a number of services if you need further support and guidance.
I want you to thrive and feel fabulous all month, every month!
Adv. Dip Nutrition
Adv. Dip Herbal Medicine
Cert. Natural Fertility Management
Professional membership: General Council and Register of Naturopaths, UK
5 fun facts
1. I am an Aussie girl and came to the UK in 2004 for a 3-month European adventure…. And I am still here!
2. I met my English husband on a yoga retreat in India while I was living in London. We soon married and moved up North after the birth of our youngest child. I can’t quite believe we have lived up here for 11 years considering it was only meant to be for 6 months!
3. “Do I miss Australia?” and “Why on earth do you live here?” are probably the two most commonly asked questions I get! It’s a very good question especially when we are experiencing yet another cold, rainy day…. But I love living in the UK. I adore the verdant English countryside with all the cute little villages and quaint gastro pubs and Europe is just on your doorstep!
4. I absolutely love the Scandi-style and while renovating our house a couple of years ago I’ve completely embraced their clean, minimal but cosy style. We have lots of big windows to allow maximum light in and houseplants everywhere. This makes me happy and reminds me a little bit of home.
5. When I am not seeing clients, drinking tea or making my products you can find me hiking a hill in the Peak or Lake District with my husband and two boys in the rain, hail or shine.